Wibbitz Player--the latest Posts

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What I wished I said

I had the wonderful opportunity to share the BSU minsitry vision with the Five Mile Church of the Nazarene on Dec 28. It was a great crowd.

I must admit, however, that I found the time very different. Preaching is one thing, asking for commitments of money, time, and resources is much harder. The temptation is for people to think it is about me--and its not. It's about what God is doing. It's about how God wants to make the hearer a little more like Him in the process. I hope this was accomplished.

Here is a summary of what I shared: personal story of moving, the Sams's Club Story, Hilary's story (from the Potters House) and other God stories. I also shared that we value relationships, being servant-oriented, and making disciples (not just converts). I handed out prayer bookmarks and commitment cards.

Upon reflecting, here is what I wished I had also added:
  • Placing specific numbers on the need financially
  • Place a name/cause to an amount (for instance, $10/month will sponsor an RA for a year.)
  • The hours we will be open

And maybe others. But God is good, and faithful. I had a great time of follow-up with Pastor Ben the next day, and we both know God is up to far more than we see. It was a learning experience for me, and I look forward to what God does next!

No comments: