Wibbitz Player--the latest Posts

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My tour guide

Yesterday afternoon I met with Nikki, a student at BSU. How we got connected is another whodathunkit thing. She grew up in Minnesota, and became a more intentional follower of Christ her freshman year at U of Minn. During that time, she wanted to work at a Christian camp over the summer. She applied at Camp Orchard Hill (COH) in Dallas, PA. This is the camp that my brother-in-law, Jim, is the executive director. She has worked at COH the past three summers. While there, she has greatly impacted my sister's family and they find her a special girl.

She transferred to Boise State after her freshman year, is an RA on campus, involved with BSUCRU (Campus Crusade), is finishing her nursing degree, and is getting married in May.

Nikki spent time with me talking about the campus, it's atmosphere toward Christian organizations, her heart for people, and showing me the buildings dorms and giving me the "inside" scoop into BSU lingo--such as QUAD, SUB, etc. I came away enriched, thrilled, and grateful. She will be very helpful and will give an insiders view and feedback!

Yet, I am most amazed at the process and God's orchestration. I couldn't come up with this if I tried, and if I did, no one would believe it. Only God can make these moments of connecting us with a girl from Minnesota who worked at a camp in Pennsylvania and goes to school in Boise. It is just one more thing that makes me grateful for God's big plan and direction. WOW!

No comments: