Wibbitz Player--the latest Posts

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Names, Prayer, and a general update

I apologize for taking so long to write again. We are still adjusting to Tami's work schedule, etc.



First an update: I am in the process of creating an action plan that can be given to the district advisory board. This will help us to stay on track and plan as thoroughly as we can. Would you pray for me as I write it? I find it daunting, and it is more comprehensive than many seminary papers!



I have met with the New Hope Church board, the District Missions Council, several students, and with a realtor who is doing some research for us. Every one of these meetings have been a blessing, and I come away with a new sense that God is up to something big. There is that general sense among campus ministry leaders of God preparing the way on the campus of BSU. It's pretty exciting!



Name: This has been so tough! We are trying ot find a name that is catchy, simply, has a spiritual connection, and bridges between coffee shop. It has been taxing, to say the least. The leadership team is narrowing it down (again) to 3 or 4 that we like, and then will survey some sutdents. I would really appreciate your prayers in this area.



Prayer: I have been reading the book Why Pray? It is such a powerful book! I have been challenged more and more not to pray that God blesses our plans for this ministry. Rather, I am praying that we discover and implement God's plans for this ministry! I am attempting to create a monthly prayer calendar that gives specific ways to pray. I am also hoping to send out a weekly or bi-weekly email with updates. If you would like to recieve this email, please let me know. I'm inviting you to pray with me--Prayer-paration is the single greatest thing we can do right now. God wants to shing the spotlight of His love, and our praying will can direct that spotlight! Thanks so much! I'll write more on this later...

2 comments:

Shane said...

Best wishes on getting the action plan prepared. I will continue to lift you up in prayer as you continue to follow God's will in this ministry.

Ben Turner said...

Hi Ben,

I would like to put an article about the BSU ministry in the IM-SDMI Esource letter this week, or early next week. Let me know what you would like to say to the district about what God is doing in this exciting ministry.

Ben